Sometimes chatting in form of text isn’t sufficient for the user interaction, ‘The Solution’, video calls which provides a live broadcasting between the users through the medium of internet. It has many benefits such as long distance calls, online interviewing and so on….
But for some or the other reasons we need to record these conversations either for memory or else for future training purpose (As per required by the companies).
So, I have been looking to find a way to record my Skype video calls and to some extent I gained the success! So, how to record Skype call?
In my search I came up with some great Skype call recorder apps
Pamela [for Windows]is free to download and allows you to record Skype calls. It works on Windows devices and according to the website it’s certified by Skype. Here is a list of all the features that it has:
- Skype Call Recording
- Skype Video Recording
- Skype Chat Recording
- Skype Call Transfer
- Skype Call Scheduler
- Record calls automatically
- Mono/Stereo recording option
- Skype Conference Call manager
- Create cool mood messages
- Answering Machine
- Play sounds during calls
- Blogging & Podcasting
I thought to myself there must be a free version out there somewhere and then I discovered MP3 Skype Recorder.
MP3 Skype Recorder [for Windows]is like Pamela and allows you to record calls you make using Skype. Its features include:
- It’s absolutely free with no limits attached.
- Automatic or manual recording capabilities.
- Compact format of stored records (mp3 files).
- May be used to record P2P, Skype Outcalls and calls made to online number.
- Can split the caller and the person called into different tracks, saving it separately
- Easy integration with Skype Conference recording.
- Intuitive easy to use interface.
It is made for Windows users and the software is aimed for professional recordings of Skype conversations. Which is great when you need to keep track of phone conversations, either by legal requirements, or for job security. It works in the background and begins to record conversations automatically at the exact moment they start. However you can also record conversations manually, which is better for me. All the recordings are stored in convenient MP3, OGG, WMA or WAV format. The software integrates seamlessly with Skype and has better design and usability then Pamela. MP3 Skype Recorder hits all my needs for VoIP recording.
WireTap Studio [for Mac] lets you record, edit, and export all audio on your Mac, from a specific app (like Skype or iTunes) or an external microphone. For tasks, like recording an iChat conversation, you can access WireTap Studio’s features directly from its streamlined controller window. The rest of WireTap Studio’s interface is also reassuringly easy to use, with handy tools for editing..
Ecamm Call Recorder
Ecamm Call Recorder [for Mac]seamlessly gives you recording controls in Skype. It comes with an automatic recording feature like MP3 Skype Recorder. After each recording the files are saved into a folder on your Mac, with the caller’s name and date. Other features it boasts:
- Record Video Calls with Picture-in-Picture
- Share Recordings in MP3 Format
- Designed for Mac Users by Mac Users
- Advanced Compression Technology Saves Space
IMcapture [for Mac and Windows] captures and records audio calls made from Skype. The calls are saved in MP4-AAC format. It is great for personal use. Other features include:
- Record audio Skype
- Share recorded calls
- Playback important
- Create a CD from a saved call to distribute
- New Skype 5.0 support
- Record Audio or Video
- Record Audio and Video
- Start and stop recording any time
- Time Lapse indicator
- Output Folder location control
- MP3, WMA or AAC audio file formats
- Quicktime Movies (MOV), MPEG4, MPEG, VOB, PSP MPEG4, SWF and FLV video file formats
IMcapture’s control panel is straightforward and easy to use. With the ability to record audio calls automatically or start and stop recording where you like. You can also change the Sample Rate to improve the recording quality or decrease the file size. I think I will stick to the lovely free made for Windows MP3 Skype Recorder but if you are looking to record VoIP give one of these services a test drive.
So after viewing these apps, I hope you would have find your app as per your satisfactions