Created your own domain but still not certified it?
Want to make money with your website?
Well!!! You are in for some benefit here.
Today I’m going to show all you need to know to install SSL certificate to your domain and secure it, in addition to take credit card payments for your website.
Let’s take a look how to install ssl ceritificate on your domain in few steps.
First of all let’s talk about the benefits of certifying your website.
- It increases transaction conversion rates thus providing easier transaction for customers.
- It helps in lowering your shopping cart abandonment.
- It makes you stand out against your competitors.
- It shows your concern about the security of your customers.
- It single-handily protects your brand from phishing schemes.
But before you leap into action here are the things you must take into account.
Important Things You Should Know Before Installing an SSL Certificate
- The SSL Requires a Dedicated IP Address
- A private SSL certificate requires its own dedicated IP address.
- You can add a dedicated IP to the Business and Enterpriseplan for freeChanging to a Dedicated IP Address Requires Time to Propagate
When switching to a dedicated IP,the IP address of your website will change, and the DNS will subsequently need to propagate (update) worldwide, which requires approximately 4 to 8 hours
- We can have only One SSL certificate per control Panel Account
Note: If you would like to have more than one SSL certificate (for a different domain or subdomain), you will need to create another control Panel account.
- We can have more than One Secured Domain Per Certificate Allowed
With the above point in mind we need to have clear view that it is possible to have more than one secured domain name or subdomain incorporated into a single SSL Certificate. This is achieved by purchasing a multi-domain SSL certificateor a wildcard SSL certificate,
SSL Certificates Are Issued on an Annual Basis
SSL Certificates comes with a 1-year expiration date, so before your certificate expires you do need to renew it. Despite sometimes being referred to as renewing an SSL certificate; technically you are purchasing a new certificate with a new expiration date.
So that was all for now. Hope you will find this article useful and got all you were looking for.
Common steps for installing SSL certificate on your domain:
- Click on browse certificate on your search box.
- Choose options of certificates from browse account ( in this case SSL certificate ).
- Select use certificate.
- Select enable SNI for mail service certificate check box.
- Click on install.
Steps to manually certify yourwebsite from a certificate authority
- First all u need to do is log in to Simple Control Panel.
- Choose the SSL Certificates icon from various icons enlisted.
- Select Add New Certificates from optionsprovided.
- In the Certificate name field, enter a name you want to choose for your certificate.
- In the Domain field, select a domain to restrict this certificate to, or choose any to allow it to be used so as to keep your options open.
- In the Private Key field, paste your private key (in OpenSSL PEM format).
- In the CSR field, paste your CSR, if you have one (in OpenSSL PEM format).
- In the Certificate field, paste the certificate given by your Certificate Authority (in OpenSSL PEM format).
- In the Intermediate certificate chain field, paste any intermediate certificates given to you by your Certificate Authority (CA), (in OpenSSL PEM format).
- Save your work and your certificate is automatically applied to any matching domains you have configured in Simple Control Panel.
Steps to generate self-signed SSL certificate
As soon as you think for a self-signed certificate and enter it via your domain the first thing you will come across will be a self-signed SSL warning
You can simply safely click on Proceed anyway to still get to the website.
If you want o know the reason you got a warning click on SSL PADLOCK ICON andit will show the reason(the website’s identity has not been verified and this is because we used a self-signed SSL certificate and it wasn’t verified by a 3rd party certificate authority).
- First of all we need to access the control Panel SSL/TLS Manager
- Then go to Generate view,
- upload, or delete SSL certificates
- Move to the Generate a New Certificate section and fill out all of the details for your self-signed SSL certificate
- click Generate
- On the next page, click in the Encoded Certificate text-box, then select all the text, and copy it.
Steps to Install an SSL Certificate via WHM with Root Access
1.Login to your WHM – You will first need to login to your VPS/Dedicated Server.
Steps to do this:
- type https://yourdomain.com:2087
- Enter your username: root and your root password.
- Function assigning for IP– Second step involves selecting the IP Functions icon from the Main Menu.
Steps to do this:
- Select ‘Change Site’s IP Address’ A list of the domains and users will be provided on your server. Search the domain you want to install the SSL Certificate on and click the ‘Change’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the IP you want and click the ‘Change’ button and your site’s IP will be changed (Make sure not to set this to ‘main shared IP’).
- Final step of installation –
- Go back to the Main Menu
- Select the ‘SSL/TLS’ icon.Select ‘Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain’ icon.
- You will then be taken to the ‘Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain’ management page.
- Fill out all fields in order to install the SSL Certificate.
FIELDS MENTIONED BELOW
- Enter the CSR into the first field.
- You will now need to insert the RSA key (If one was automatically fetched for you, please replace it with the one we have given you).
- You will then need to enter your CA Bundle in the last field (If you do not enter a CA then the SSL Certificate will appear as self-signed and a warning will be shown when customers attempt to access your site securely).
- After filling all the requisites
- Click the ‘Install’ button.
- The server will then install the SSL Certificate and notify of completion or if any errors that may have occurred.
If you want to try out ssl certificate on your domain then you can try out 90 days trail offer from Comodo ssl
Here is the link to grab offer today. – https://goo.gl/Q17mFU
Here is the Video Tutorial to install Ceritificate from Comodo SSL Provider