Content is the only reason why readers will visit your blog. They won’t come back to see the template or to look to your picture, they want new high quality posts and they want them now. Learning how to write great content is very important for your blog’s success because a blog without content won’t have readers but a blog with thousands of articles will have traffic and readers with money almost forever. Writing great content is not just about writing like if you are in an university exam, it is learning how to write for the internet.
Here are some guidelines to write high quality posts:
- SEO. All your posts should obey to basic SEO rules which means that your articles should have the right keywords at the right place and in the right amount, not too many and not too little.
- Keyword rich. Articles are judged by the keywords they contain. Aim to write keyword rich articles with a keyword density between 2-3%, this is the best keyword density ratio as stated by Ezine Articles in their official article marketing course.
- Follow Google guidelines. Your posts should adhere to Google’s guidelines or they won’t rank that high. Do not write spammy content with too many keywords, do not write articles just promoting a website with too many links to it, do not write huge articles or tiny articles, keep the word count between 400 and 700 words. Wikipedia articles are the exception ranking so high with such huge articles.
- Write every day. Google and readers love fresh content every hour. If your do not have a blog updated every hour, well at least update it every day. Your content should be as fresh as possible. Writing on a daily basis becomes easier as time goes by since you train your brain and fingers to write faster and for longer.
- Write only about legal topics. No need to say that if you write about bad topics, you will be out of Google and will see the police coming at your door.
- Avoid immoral topics. Topics such as casinos, etc, are not the best topics to write about since there are so many scams for these topics. Google does not love that kind of content and you can get links from scam websites which will only lower your search engine ranks. Write only about good topics.
- Avoid topics which are not famous such as history. Topics such as history have no searches and very little financial value. Instead write about business, insurance, loans, credit, anything that says money has money in it. These are the most searched topics and both search engines and people love them.
- Write about ever green topics as they will have traffic and searches forever. For example if you write about news, the topic will be valuable only for a few hours, maybe a few days at best. However if you write about science or facts, that topic will have traffic almost forever, unless the competition starts to write about such topics and manage to rank higher than you do.